Men’s Tennis Falls at Merrimack, 9-0
Ravens back in action Monday at Saint Michael's
Aubin and the Ravens travel to Saint Michael's on Monday afternoon.
NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. (April 10, 2011) – The Franklin Pierce University men's tennis team was defeated by Merrimack, 9-0, in Northeast-10 Conference play at Merrimack on Sunday afternoon. With the loss, Franklin Pierce falls to 1-8 (1-8 Northeast-10), while Merrimack improves to 15-3 (9-0 Northeast-10).
Senior Dan McDonough (Manchester, N.H.) made the most headway for the Ravens on the day, as he dropped an 8-2 decision in the pro set format at fourth singles. At third singles, junior Sam Aubin (Manchester, N.H.) was clipped, 6-2, 6-0.
All six Merrimack players were victorious in both doubles and singles play on the afternoon, as the Warriors posted the shutout. The top two Merrimack players were the most dominant on the day, as junior Max Eppley and freshman Chris Barnhart teamed to post an 8-1 victory at first doubles, before each lost only one game in their singles match. Barnhart tallied a 6-0, 6-1 victory at first singles, while Eppley posted a 6-1, 6-0 win at second singles.
The Ravens return to the court on Monday, April 11, when they travel to Saint Michael's for a Northeast-10 Conference match at 3:30 p.m. in Colchester, Vt.
For more information on Franklin Pierce Athletics, please visit the official website of Franklin Pierce Athletics (http://athletics.franklinpierce.edu). Also be sure to follow the Ravens through the Department of Athletics' official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/FranklinPierceRavens), its YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/franklinpiercesports) and its Twitter feed (http://twitter.com/FPUathletics).
1. Max Eppley/Chris Barnhart (MER) def. Sam Aubin/Ben Brewer (FPU), 8-1
2. Tim McHugh/Chris Toegemann (MER) def. Dan McDonough/Pat Gilhuly (FPU), 8-1
3. Peter Golijanin/Liam Hoare (MER) def. Mikie Connor/Michael Selling (FPU), 8-2
1. Barnhart (MER) def. Brewer (FPU), 6-0, 6-1
2. Eppley (MER) def. Gilhuly (FPU), 6-1, 6-0
3. Golijanin (MER) def. Aubin (FPU), 6-2, 6-0
4. McHugh (MER) def. McDonough (FPU), 8-2 (pro set)
5. Hoare (MER) def. Connor (FPU), 8-1 (pro set)
6. Toegemann (MER) def. Selling (FPU), 8-0 (pro set)